Responding to a Dogecoin influencer warning about scam coins, Elon Musk said Friday that X will never launch a token.
And we never will
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) August 5, 2023
While that may be so, make no mistake about it — crypto and finance feature heavily in Musk’s plans for X.com.
- He recently teased in April that DOGE could be used to make payments for Twitter Blue for premium features.
- It was also back in April that we knew about eToro and Twitter partnering to cook something up for the rebranded X.com.
- In July, someone found a Twitter Payments LLC is getting licenses in multiple states to act as a money transmitter.
- On Aug 3, Semafor leaked a message from Twitter to financial data providers asking for quotes and giving some insight into X’s plans to be a real-time financial data powerhouse.
- Forbes Digital Assets calls it “the next logical step.”
- Even if X never launches its own token, it looks well poised to launch integrations to make payments through X.com.
- Remember X is Elon Musk’s ambition to create an everything app like China’s WeChat. WeChat Pay has 300 million users. Payments will be important on X.com.
- The bottom line is that Elon Musk has named his favorite three cryptos: They’re DOGE, BTC, and ETH. He’s also tweeted out meme karma for some ETH NFT projects. So these are the three coins that will benefit the most from the Musk takeover and revamp of Twitter to X.com.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter CRYPTOPOTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.